Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

New Dirt Bikes

We put the kids to bed last night and told Baylee that we're leaving to pick up a dirt bike that was for sale on KSL. We brought it home at midnight, so when the girls got home from school today I showed it to them.

Baylee and I are so excited to learn to ride it. Its a Honda XR100... it'll be perfect for us while we get the hang of it.

It's the "girl" bike. 
Baylee and I have wanted a dirt bike for awhile now, but Abbee and Kalyssa aren't too interested... yet.

I am my father's daughter... and I can't wait to take this up in the mountains or to Moab. I hope I inherited some of my father's riding talents. He used to race motocross. 


Will loves it and wants a ride. I told him he needs to wait for Daddy to get home.

LOL... Paisley is proud to sit on the back.


I put our bike away, and we go back in the house...

 ...then Will looked out the living room window and said, "Daddy's got a new motorcycle!!!" Me and Baylee ran out the front door and sure enough... Brandon had found him a CRF450. He's been watching KSL constantly for the past two weeks trying to find bikes for both of us. All the good ones sale fast... like within a couple hours. We finally snatched us a couple good ones.

His & Hers... 
LOL. This is so awesome. We can go trial riding for dates. Woot. Woot. Brandon likes to go to the sand dunes. I don't know if I'll ever feel comfortable riding a big 450 to be able to go to the sand dunes too. Riding trails and going to Moab might be more my style... we'll see where this new adventure takes me. :)

Brandon loves that me and Baylee are super excited to ride with him.

Willie finally got his ride around the yard. You can see how little the 100 is when Brandon sits on it with his long legs.

All right Willie... its Mama's turn...

Brandon explained where everything was... I have to get a feel for the clutch and gas...

LOL... the bike started going and I was screaming.

Turning made me nervous and I killed the motor.

And I'm off again... I rode around the to backyard to try the whoops. When Brandon saw where I was going he told Baylee, "Uh oh, here comes a crash." Haha... he has such little faith.

When I got there I wanted to change my mind but I'm not quick at stopping, so I had to go for it. I gave it some gas and started screaming again.

But I'm not very good at turning and I stalled on the turn bank.

I'm learning fast how to kick start it after killing it so much. Haha. Brandon is laughing at me. It was a blast!

After watching me Baylee didn't want to try it yet. She wants to go somewhere wide open where she doesn't have to turn. She's smart. :)

After riding, I went in the house and I noticed my stomach had a really bad cramp. Then I felt a dime size bubble right above my belly button. I thought, "Oh crap! Now I have another hernia!" I must have been really tense riding out there. I was pushing on it and it popped back in... it was so weird. I can't just push my other hernia back in, I need surgery for it. So I'm sure my belly button issue will show up again later. Dang it.

Brandon and I are hoping all the kids will enjoy riding dirt bikes too. Maybe some of the kids will prefer a 4-wheeler instead, but eventually we'll all have something to ride and enjoy as a family.

Apr 8, 2013