Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

My April Fool's Day Pranks

I have been so excited for April Fool's Day to come! I've NEVER pranked anyone on this holiday before, and I figure, what the hay, I have a big family and this could be fun and soooo easy to do!

 Prank #1: Poop
Last night, when everyone was getting into bed, I started getting my pranks ready. I got a toilet paper roll soaked with water and ripped it into pieces, then squeezed it in my hand... and it looks like poop!

When I was thinking where to place it, Emmy walked in the bathroom and immediately noticed it on the floor!

   Emmy said, "You do dat?" Lol... "Oh no, Mommy didn't do that, the kitty did!" Ya know, the cats outside that never come in the house? Haha, I was afraid she would think it was OK to poop on the floor and try it sometime.

I moved it to the stairs after Emmy was in bed. I couldn't let her see me pick up "poop"!  :) Baylee, Abbee, and Kalyssa fell asleep watching a movie in Baylee's bedroom, since it's Spring break from school this week. I wanted them to see it when they got up. I heard Will and the girls laughing this morning while I was laying in bed. They said Will saw it first and showed it to them. Kalyssa said they knew it wasn't poop when they smelled it and it didn't stink. Then they were brave enough to touch it.

Prank #2: Duck Tape Toilet Paper
In the girl's bathroom downstairs, I put a roll of duck tap in the toilet paper holder, and took ALL the toilet paper out of the bathroom. Kalyssa was the first to use the bathroom this morning. She said she used the baby wipes on the counter. Dang! I forgot about the wipes! Haha. 

 Prank #3: Cling Wrap
Baylee puts her cell phone on our kitchen counter before she goes to bed, so I wrapped it in cling wrap. She found it first thing this morning.

It was fun to go in Bay's room to see all the girls laughing about what they've found so far, and telling me their discovery stories. Then I told them the prank I set for Brandon and showed them the picture...

Prank #4: Roping Dummy
We have a roping dummy in our garage. When I saw it out there I had to use it for a prank somehow! Brandon got an Explorer from an auction recently to drive to and from work. It doesn't have head rests in it, so I screwed the rods into the dummy head and it fit perfectly into the head rest holes. When Brandon left for work this morning he saw it. He called me about 10am, and asked me if I pranked him. I told him I did and he said he could not figure out who would put that in his car! When he looked at his phone and noticed it was April 1st he knew it was me. :)

Prank #5: Hidden Easter Eggs in Boots
I pushed Easter eggs into the toe of Brandon's and all the kids boots. I don't know what Brandon thought when he found them in his boots before he left for work. Probably just thought the twins did it. Lol. He's found LOTS of toys in his boots in the past. So it didn't dawn on him that it was a little April Fool's prank.

But the twins rubber boots, I just filled them to the top with eggs.

Baylee and the girls found them in their boots when they went to play outside. Then Will and the twins checked their boots too.

They were disappointed that there wasn't any candy in the eggs. :)

I told the girl's that I'd drop them off at the movies today to give them something to do, and after a few morning pranks they started to wonder if that was a prank too. LOL. But I really took them to the movies.

Prank #6: Orange Juice
I poured a powdered cheese packet from a mac-n-cheese box into a pitcher, filled it with water, and stirred it well for some tasty "orange juice". All the kids had cereal for breakfast, so no one tried my special orange juice. 

About mid-day, I walked into the kitchen, Kalyssa had a glass of "orange juice" in her hand. She said, "this tastes weird." I started laughing and after 5 earlier pranks she caught on quickly! She yelled at me, "MOM!!!" and dumps out the whole pitcher in the sink. It was so awesome! She was laughing too.

Prank #7: Blue Water
One last prank.... right before the girl's got in the shower and tub to get ready for bed, I put gel food coloring onto the shower head in the downstairs shower, and into the bath tub faucet in the upstairs bathroom. Kalyssa has been on edge all day, asking me what the next prank will be. So she was worried to get in the tub tonight. I assured her she'd be fine and to go get in! I heard the water turn on and turn off again 2 seconds later. I looked over at Brandon and he was shaking his head at me. Haha. She comes out in a towel, "I KNEW IT!" Will and Emmy ran in there to see...

Happy April Fool's Day!

My kids better be ready for next year. :)

Apr 1, 2014