Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Brigham City Peach Days 10K

The Peach Days 10K is one of my favorite races to run.  I've ran it 4 times in the past... each time I try to beat my record. The last time I ran it was in 2010 with a PR of 50:19. I haven't participated the last two years, cause I was pregnant with the twins, then too busy with them last year. Then running the half marathon 2 weeks ago has lit a fire under me... I was so excited to run the 10K today! Brandon went to the sand dunes and my mom lives in Brigham City, so I dropped the kids off with her this morning. The race started a couple blocks from her house.

And I did great. I beat my personal record! My time was 47:31. 

There was a guy running by me for the last mile that kept yelling to the crowd on the side of the road, "Whoo, 48!!!" He was so thrilled he was finishing the race in 48 minutes, must have been his new PR also. I love how people get so into these races, and have a passion for getting better and better with each race. I loved it, cause 48 minutes was my new PR too. He inspired me. The last mile was on an incline, and hearing his enthusiasm helped me to dig a little deeper and push myself harder at the end. Just like the Half, I gave it everything I had... I ran super hard to the finish line and did even better than 48. :) 

This is my addiction.

I was 2nd place in my division {Woman's - ages 30-34} and got a cool metal... and they gave us peaches too, of course.

Willie has to wear it... he's checking out the people on the front.

Maybe my kids will love running as much as their Mama, AND farming as much as their Daddy. :)

Sept 7, 2013