Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Peaches Galore

Brandon's farmer buddy gives him a box of peaches every year. I can't let them go to waste! They are the best. But I'm not a canner, cause I've never canned anything to know how to do it.

The twins are napping, and Kalyssa says, "I'm bored." OK... let's slice some peaches! She loves helping me slice fruit and vegetables. If I tried to wash and slice a whole box of peaches by myself it would've taken all day.

Kalyssa was happy to help! We turned on the radio and got to work. I had a hard time keeping up with her. :) I have a fruit protein smoothie everyday... I crave them like crazy! But I usually use strawberries, blueberries, and bananas. I'm freezing all these peaches to use them in my smoothies all winter instead. I'm so excited to save a little dough - strawberries are expensive! ;0)

Willie took some pictures, then told us to make a "funny face". We finished in about an hour and filled 5 gallon-size freezer bags full. The best part is that we had some fun in the kitchen together. 

Sept 14, 2013