Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Temples

I got my new October Ensign! I am so excited to see that it's a special issue all about our wonderful temples! As I started reading through it this morning, it starts with pictures of different temples around the world and quotes of the Apostle's.

"In its gleaming glory, the temple seems to beckon to each who views its splendor, 'Come! Come to the house of the Lord. Here is found rest for the weary and peace for the soul.' ... The temple prepares all who enter to return homeward- homeward to heaven, homeward to family, homeward to God." (Thomas S. Monson)

I didn't go to the temple until I was 28 years old, the day before I married my husband I was Endowed. So I love this quote because it was how I always viewed the temple since I was very young. It always seemed so peaceful from the outside and I've longed to go inside for so many years. Now that I can enjoy the temple as regularly as my time will allow, I know for myself that attending the temple DOES lead us "homeward" in every way. Whenever I go, I love that it turns my heart to my husband, to my Heavenly Father, and gives me a great desire to live righteously and honor the covenants I've made in the House of the Lord.

"The temple lifts us and exalts us... All that occurs within the walls of the temple is uplifting and ennobling." (Thomas S. Monson)

I'm so thankful to be a member of His church, and to have the full blessings of the atonement and be able to enter His temples.