Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

12 Weeks, 1st Ultrasound

Well... I'm 12 weeks pregnant and I had my first doctor appointment today. I got an ultrasound, so Brandon went with me to get our first look at our new baby.

I had to get a 3 month side picture... Will insisted he stand next to me. :)


At the Doctor's:
My doctor put the thing on my belly, and right away said, "Oh! Do you see that?" I got real excited and asked, "Is it a boy?"... she said, "...nooo, there's 2 babies in there!" Brandon literally jumped out of his seat (with Will in his arms) and said, "WHAT?"

Sure enough... you can see two babies in there. You can see two separate bubbles and a baby in each one... at the same time. OMGosh! We were in shock, to say the least... and still feel that way.

This is a great picture of both their heads... the two circles. You can see a wall between the two which means they each have their own sacks of fluid. Dr. Wood said from what she can tell, they each have their own placenta too! Which is awesome, so one isn't starving the other. They're both equal in size and right where they should be. Healthy twins are on the way!!! We're so relieved they're both doing great. :)

We have to blame everyone else for jinxing us! lol... all along everyone would joke that we're having twins cause I was showing super fast, it was embarrassing. My Grandpa John is a twin, so it's in my family, but you never think it's gonna happen to you!
We are so shocked to be having twins! I can't get over it. But I thought if that ever happened to me I'd feel stressed and real worried that I can't do it... but I honestly haven't felt that way at all. I'm just so happy! Brandon and I feel a lot of peace and have faith that Heavenly Father won't give us more than we can handle.

We told our kids during family home evening. We just showed them the ultrasound pictures and they asked questions trying to make sense of what they were looking at. Then Baylee pointed to the picture with the two heads and asked, "What is that?" I told her it was two heads! Kalyssa and Abbee looked at eachother totally confused like we are having a monster with two heads. Baylee got a huge smile on her face and totally lit up! She was catching on! haha. She said, "It's twins?" I told them we were and they all got so excited, and were shocked just like us. :)

It's wonderful.

Mar 7, 2011