Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Kalyssa's 1st Day of School - 4th Grade

I had a rough night with the twins last night, and I totally slept right through my alarm. I woke up at 9:30am in a panic! School started at 8:30!!! I ran downstairs to find Kalyssa and she was gone. I opened the front door and she was standing on the porch. She dropped her shoulders and said, "This is the WORST 1st day of school EVER!" I sighed and dropped my shoulders too, and we both started laughing. I felt SO SO bad. She told me she missed the bus, and locked herself out of the house, and she didn't want to wake up the twins {bless her heart}, so she wasn't knocking hard enough for me to hear it. She just sat on the porch and waited for an hour! OH MY! I felt TERRIBLE! It's her 1st day of school for crying out loud... I should've been up to help her get ready, had pancakes on the griddle, gave her hugs and kisses at the door, and watched her walk to the bus stop, right?! I sooo blew it. 
Well, since she missed the bus, I was able to take the picture I planned on taking, then I drove her to school... late on her 1st day. :O( 
I was telling Brandon how our morning went, and why I won't be getting the Mother-of-the-Year award... he laughed and said, "It's good for her. Sometimes that girl makes me proud." And that is the bright side of this... we learned that Kalyssa can be very independent after all. Working with her lamb this past summer, she has grown leaps and bounds. She is really mature all of the sudden and can take care of herself!

Kalyssa, you are my hero. I love you Baby Girl.

Aug 20, 2013