Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Will Got Stitches


Will was playing with a measuring tape, and Kalyssa was helping me pick up the house. Well earlier, the measuring tape broke and came out of the square thing, so Kalyssa grabbed one end and was gathering it up, not knowing that Will had a hold of the other end. She pulled it out of his hand and it sliced 2 fingers open. There was lots of blood and they both came running into the bathroom. Will was crying pretty bad, and I could tell it was deep. Its Saturday, so I took him to the Urgent Care, and they said he needed stitches. First, they numbed both fingers with several shots right in the wound. YIKES! He sat on my lap in the chair so I could bear hug him from behind and brace him with my arms and legs around him. He was arching his back and fighting it... I know those shots hurt!!! The doctor put 3 stitches in his index finger. I know it didn't hurt, but he was still frightened watching her do it. Then his middle finger needed 2 stitches. She put one in and it was obvious he felt it. That finger wasn't numbed very well, so she didn't do the second stitch... he didn't need to be tortured any longer... poor kid. They put band-aids on and he was good to go. We have to go back in 10 days to get the stitches removed, and the band-aid needs to be changed everyday.

This is the first time he's needed stitches and it probably won't be the last. :0/

Aug 17, 2013