Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Our Girl's Weekend

It's time for our annual girl's retreat... hallelujah!!! I get a little break from mom duties, and get to spend some time with the girls in the family to play, laugh, craft, and eat good food. When I got in the car to leave, I noticed that Brandon already had taken out the car seats, vacuumed my car out completely, filled it with gas, and secretly put a decal on my back window of a little running man. He is super super sweet!

Friday, Day 1:

After we met up at Kristin's house we grabbed a quick bite to eat then headed to Frightmares at Lagoon for the day. 

I got a picture with Freddy Krueger... the Nightmare on Elm Street films are classic.

Our girl's weekend started out with the six of us... Mitzi, Hillary, Kristin, Tiff, Crystal, and Me.
We are waiting in line for the Backlot haunted house. It had scenes from several scary movies. I haven't been through a haunted house in over 10 years. Hillary and Mitzi were the only ones not screaming, so Hillary led the way, and Mitzi was in the back. We were huddled together with our faces buried in each other's shoulders.... we inched our way through it and looked so pathetic, I'm sure. It was hilarious! I barley looked up and my voice was raspy afterwards from screaming... haha... good times.

We went on lots of rides. We're about to take off on Wicked. I think Crystal is a little nervous. She's never been on this one.

Hill and Mitzi

Kristin and Me... and a photo bomber.

Tiff was joking how her hair sticks out like a bat in the wind... this pic didn't do it justice.

I love the Tidal Wave! It's the giant swinging boat ride. After it was about to stop, all the kids on it were yelling to go again, and the lady started it again without letting us off! I think it made all of us nauseous to go twice in a row. Kristin thought she was gonna puke and Tiff was warning her, "Do not throw up!", cause she was sitting right across from her. Haha. But we all survived.

They went on the log ride. I hate being wet and cold, so I sat this one out. 

They didn't get too wet. :)

We rode everything we wanted to and all of us had weak stomachs today, so we left Lagoon early... it was about 5:00. We went back to Kristin's house to stay over night, and Julie joined us. We ordered Chili's to-go, and played cards. Mitzi is so cute, she always has a prize for the winner of each round. I won one round and got some Body Works hand soap. We stayed up talking till 12:30.

Oct 18, 2013

Saturday, Day 2:

I slept in until 9:30, then put my running shoes on. Mitzi made us her yummy breakfast casserole. All the gals started getting out their craft and sewing projects to start on. I went for a run first, cause that is my idea of a real "retreat" when I have nothing to hurry home for and I can run for as long as I want to and go as far as I want to! Kristin has a great little paved track by her house that goes for miles and miles. I started out with a goal to run 10 miles today. The weather was perfect and the track was busy with people walking their dogs and families out for a bike ride. The fall trees were beautiful to enjoy on my way. It was really refreshing to be out there and not have a care in the world. After running 9 miles and having 1 more to go, I was feeling really good, and thought, "Hey! If I run just 3 more miles past my goal it would be my own little half marathon!" I couldn't back down from the challenge and the feeling of accomplishing something awesome while on my retreat weekend. So I kept going, and I did it... 13.1 miles. I ran at a comfortable pace and wasn't sore afterwards. ;0)

Crystal and Tiff made a really cute Fall sign.

Hillary and Julie worked on some blankets.

Kristin and Mitzi made us lunch that was fabulous... I was stuffed! Kristin made a cute Fall craft. I wasn't really into crafting this year like I usually am. But I did end up spray painting 3 green pots an almond color to match my house for outside, and I finished painting a letter B for Baylee's bedroom, but that's all I did. Just hanging out and eating good food with these gals was all I needed today.

Mitzi sewed some blankets too.

Kristin's craft was a detailed one and took her most of the day, but it turned out so cute.

Kristin, Jess, and Heather. 
Jess is Brandon's brother. Heather {Brandon's sister} came down for lunch and to hang out. 

The 8 of us is usually our whole gang every year. Kristin is a great hostess. It was a great weekend. And I can't forget to thank Brandon for taking care of Willie and the twins by himself the last 2 days so I could get away. I came home to a clean house. Brandon had laundry washing, the dish washer was on, and the twins already had their bath when I got home Saturday night. I had so much fun and I loves these women so much, but I was also happy to squeeze Brandon and my kids.

Our day of Christmas shopping with the gals is our next event I can look forward to. :)

Oct 19, 2013