Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Weird Disease

Last Monday, I noticed Paisley had little blisters on her feet. Then Emmy had blisters show up the next day. I brought them both to the doctor on Tuesday wondering whats going on. Turns out they have Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Its a contagious virus that occurs mainly in kids age 6 months to 4 years old. The doctor assured me that its harmless and not to isolate the twins from other kids, but I still don't want to spread it! Its painful cause they get small ulcers in their mouth so the twins haven't wanted to eat or drink much, and they've been waking up in the middle of the night crying. I thought it was just teething issues and have been giving them Tylenol. A high fever is common with the disease, but they haven't got one yet. Doctor said there is nothing I can do but let it run its course and keep them both comfortable with pain medicine.

Paisley's blisters are starting to scab, but Emmy's are still there today.

Emmy has it on her legs and bum also... :( I don't think its painful for the twins anymore cause they've been sleeping all through the night past 2 days, and don't seem to need Tylenol.

Will developed a fever of 100 degrees on Wednesday night, but no fever or blisters showing yet on Thursday. His appetite is totally gone tho, and he has a scab on the corner of his mouth all the sudden. :0/
Today is Friday... Willie took a 4 hour nap. When he woke up he was crying saying his feet hurt. I checked them and they have red pumps and blisters forming... GOSH! Poor Willie didn't escape it.

It's all over his hands also. He hasn't eating all day, but finally asked me for some watermelon which is perfect and soft on his throat to swallow. He is gonna need lots of TLC the next few days.
Grandma Mary Ann made us dinner and brought it over to us cause I have 3 sick kids. I was so grateful.

Jul 20, 2012