Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Girls Retreat

I didn't think I was gonna make it to our annual girls retreat. The twins are both sick and Brandon is still busy at work with the last crop of hay. But Brandon assured me Wednesday night and said to just go and he'll worry about the kids. OK!!! I'm not gonna argue, I NEED a break!

Day 1:
It's Friday morning... time to go! Will woke up with croop... the barking cough he gets at least twice a year. :0/ But he doesn't need to go to the doctor unless he has it for more than 7 days, so I'll stick to my plans. Heather (Brandon's sister) and I drove to Idaho to kick off our girl's weekend. Our girls retreat was at Mitzi's (Brandon's Mother) house this year. There was 8 of us... Mitzi, Brandon's aunt Julie, his cousin Hillary, his two step-sister's Tiff and Crystal, his sister-in-law Kristin, his sister Heather and me. They are a fun group of gals! I'm so glad all of us could make it this year.

We went to the Pumpkin Walk in Logan to see all the clever pumpkin displays. Me and Kristin liked the Nacho Libre display.


I love how they included the Orphan's Chips.


Me and Heather




Heather, Kristin, Crystal and Tiff with Clifford the dog.

We all stopped for a picture together. Heather was nice and took the pictures with all our cameras. Haha.





This witch was cool.


Go Aggies!

Julie gave us all goodie bags with crazy glasses and scary teeth.

LOL... oh my!

We went to an early dinner after the Pumpkin Walk and ate at the Olive Garden. Then we went to see the movie Pitch Perfect. It was hilarious! The movies with Heather is fun cause she laughs so loud... I love her. We played cards at Mitzi's til midnight, and she had a prize for the winner of every round.

I actually won a round and got a cute Halloween pillow she made for my couch! Yeahy! Thank you Mitzi!

Oct 19, 2012

Day 2:
The next morning, Mitzi made us all the best french toast breakfast I ever had. I didn't have any of my kids to worry about, and I never get to run outside, so I ceased my opportunity. Idaho is beautiful country and peaceful. It was so awesome to run out there and see the farms and fields around us. I thought... I'll just run around the block and see how far it is. LOL... well, 45 minutes later, I made it back to Mitzi's house with a new best friend, a stray dog that followed me the last 3 miles. I was kinda surprised to find out that each block in Idaho is a square mile. A 4 1/2 mile run was perfect and so refreshing... I could've ran and ran all day, but we have crafting to do!

We set up tables in the backyard to start painting. We all brought our own crafts this time... Tiff and Crystal start on their projects.

Kristin has super cute stuff to make.

Tiff's baby, Hollister, is 6 weeks old and hung out with us. I was having baby withdrawals being away from my babies, but I couldn't hold Hollister cause I had a runny nose that I was worried about. It sucked! He is adorable!


I'm painting my fall crafts.

Me and Kristin took a break to eat some fondue. Mitzi and Julie made a yummy lunch with soup, mini sandwiches, and stuffed mushrooms... and all the other munchies around... I was in food heaven.

Kristin made a cute pumpkin.

Pretzels and chocolate is so good... well, chocolate on anything is so good.

My crafts are done... and it took me all day! Haha.

Mitzi, Julie, and Hillary quilted blankets all day in the living room and got a lot done... 

Time to rest... Heather doesn't enjoy crafting very much so she caught up on sleep downstairs. About 5 o'clock it was time for me to head home... back to Brandon and kids. I really missed them, but had a great time with the girls!

Oct 20, 2012