Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Color Vibe 5K

OK... we are FREEZING! Its cloudy and the wind was blowing. My shoulders are shrugged cause I'm shivering to death. But Kristin, Kalyssa and I are all so excited to run this awesome 5K... we'll warm up as soon as we start.

This is Kalyssa's first 5K (on foot)! She has done one with me before but she rode her bike on that one. :)

Her and I have been stoked about this race all week and we love that we are doing it together. We are the second "wave" of runners. Every 5 minutes a group starts. 

We're off! We're on the mountain behind Weber State and there is a beautiful view of the Ogden valley...

The first paint station is yellow!!! There is about 8 people throwing paint at you as you run through.

We're gettin messy! As Kalyssa and I were running we tried to guess what the next color would be. Her guess was green or orange... my guess was pink or blue.

Kalyssa took off her sweater and needs to get lots of blue paint... and she sure did.

When I ran through, I got paint thrown right in my ear.

Kristin was in the third wave of runners and caught up to us. Her and I ran through the pink station.

Then I went back to run through again with Kalyssa.

We're covered with paint and lovin it.

None of us guessed the color purple on the last station. :) Kalyssa and Kristin twirled through together... Haha. After this Kalyssa didn't want to run anymore, so her and I walked the last mile until we were close enough to hear the DJ, the music, and the party at the end. Kalyssa and I held hands and ran to the finish line. 

We did it! They handed everyone a bag of paint dust to throw up in the crowd to make a "color bomb". Kalyssa has her purple paint ready...

The DJ stopped the music and yelled, "3, 2, 1... Throw. It. Up!"

There was no time clock at the finish line... this 5K is ALL about having FUN!

Here is our post race picture.

I'm opening my bag of paint to share with Kalyssa... we're going to party with the crowd.

Woot Woot... the DJ is playing good dancing music. LOL.


Kalyssa still dancing in the crowd.

She got on the ground to roll in the paint. This picture is so cute of her.

Kalyssa by the DJs.

Time to go... Kalyssa has a soccer game at 11:30. She didn't want to leave the party. We want to make the Color Vibe race our tradition and do it every year together.


We tried to clean up before we got in the car by changing our white shirts to our Color Vibe shirts and dust the paint off our pants as best as we could.

My running shoes are a mess... this makes them officially broke in. ;o)

Oct 13, 2012