Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Favorite Ensign Quotes, August

"Those who make happiness the chief objective of life are bound to fail, for happiness is a by-product rather than an end in itself. Happiness comes from doing one's duty and knowing that his life is in harmony with God and His commandments..."
"Duty reminds us we are stewards of all that our Creator has entrusted to us."

-Learn Your Duty, August Ensign 2012

My thoughts: Caring for a family of 8 is overwhelming most of the time. This reminds me that great responsibility was given to me because Heavenly Farther knows I can do it... push along... and be happy cause it is in harmony with God.
_______________________________________________________________


"I am glad I have the privilege of communicating to you some things which, if grasped closely, will be a help to you when earthquakes bellow, the clouds gather, the lightnings flash, and the storms are ready to burst upon you like peals of thunder. What can [these disasters] do? Nothing. All your losses will be made up to you in the resurrection, provided you continue faithful."

-Forgiveness and Making Up For Losses, August Ensign 2012

My thoughts: I won't be public about my personal trials, but reading this gave me an incredible amount of peace by knowing ALL my losses will be made up to me. I have no reason to mourn, to be angry, or to be unforgiving... because He would restore all that I'd lost!

"Whatever our challenges in life may be, our burdens may become light if we not only believe in Christ but also in His ability and His power to cleanse and console our lives. Our lives are healed as we accept His peace." -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf