Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

Baylee * Abbee * Kalyssa * William * Paisley * Emmy

35 Weeks

I saw a Nurse Practitioner this week because my Dr wasn't in the office Friday. The receptionist made a scheduling error and messed it up for me this week, so it wasn't my normal Wednesday visit. Oh well. Anyhow, I'm dilated almost to 4cm, 70% thinned out, so she sent me to Labor & Delivery for 2 hours to monitor my contractions and make sure I wasn't in active labor before I went home. They were sporadic... anywhere from 1 minute to 8 minutes apart. Nothing consistent with labor or too painful. 3 hours later, my doctor came to see me and check the positions of the twins. We saw on the ultrasound that Baby "A" is head down and more in the center (ready to go!), and Baby "B" is transverse (position sideways) up top. This is the worse case scenario, to deliver the 1st baby vaginally, and then need an emergency c-section on the 2nd. It's very risky for the twins, but with a c-section the risks are dangerous for me. I called Brandon, and we decided that a c-section was the safest option and that's what we'll do when the time comes. Brandon was on his way to the hospital, and about 8pm, they said that I needed to stay overnight to be monitored further, even though I wasn't dilating any further. They were worried that I would sometime soon and didn't feel comfortable sending me home. 
Mary had William, and the girls were already away for the weekend. Brandon and I stayed overnight, with a ton of nurse interruptions every hour to monitor my contractions and the babies heartbeats. We didn't sleep very well. Brandon slept on an uncomfortable hospital recliner that made his back hurt. I felt bad, and figured nothing was gonna happen throughout the night and suggested he go home to sleep. He was so sweet and quick to say, No, that he was staying with me... he's such a good husband. At 6:30 the next morning, my doctor came in to say that my contractions have mellowed throughout the night and that I can go home. She didn't want to check if I was further dilated because that was making my contractions harder yesterday. She wants me to wait 1 more week before having them to make sure they can go home with us and not have to stay in NICU for any reason. I'll see her Monday and we'll schedule the date for my c-section.

This is me bright and early... so happy to hear that I can go home and finally get some food and a BIG glass of water! I couldn't have anything in case I needed a c-section I have to have an empty stomach for 6 to 8 hours. Brandon took me to Moore's for an omelet. Yummy!

I'm healthy and the babies are totally healthy too! At the end of the day, the Lord is in charge and has a plan for everything. He says it's just not time yet.

Aug 19, 2011